We had an amazing time recording an episode of Life After Midnight recently, where we discussed our upcoming anthology, ‘One Night in Salem’ with Kristin and Allison! We talked about the gothic literary connections to Salem, and about historical connections within the anthology. Listen at the link below, be sure to subscribe, especially if you’re a history buff!
We are pleased to announce the official release date for ‘Entombed in Verse: An Epitaph for Salem’, FunDead’s very first poetry anthology. The book is planned for release on 8/5/17 This beautiful collection of poems features over thirty dark pieces revolving around the subject of Salem’s dark history, myth, and legend. The anthology includes poetry written by many local writers, as well as some international poets!
You can reserve your copy today on FunDeadShop.com. We are in the planning stages of an official release day event and will share this information as it becomes available. This lovely collection will also be available from Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com. We will also release a list of local shops carrying the book as it is confirmed, though we do expect our usual favorites to have copies in stock. Readers will also have the opportunity to snag a copy at the release event, TBA.
We are pleased to announce the cover art for the very first FunDead Publications poetry anthology, Entombed in Verse: An Epitaph for Salem! This forthcoming anthology features poems written by authors both local and distant. The collection revolves around the subject of Salem history, legend, and myth. You’ll read about Giles Corey and glimpse moments within the Witch Trials era, but you’ll also read about Harmony Grove Cemetery, the Great Salem Fire, and even experience a harrowing ride on the elevator at the Hawthorne Hotel. Continue reading
We’ve spent the last couple of days overhauling our web store in preparation for the release of ‘Night in New Orleans’! See the shiny new site at FunDeadShop.com.
You can sign up for exclusive sales and coupon codes for our shop here.
Patreon supporters also get 10% off on FunDeadShop.com simply by becoming a Patron! Click here to find out how you can help keep Indie Horror Publishing alive and well in Salem, MA.
- Instructions: Send your submission to DearFunDead@gmail.com for consideration with “Halloween Salem Submission“ AND THE YEAR YOUR STORY IS SET as the subject line, for example, “Halloween Salem Submission: 1922“, but please read our guidelines below!
- Submit by:
June 11th, 2017June 30th, 2017 Word Count: 1,000-6,000
- Content Requirements: Your story must take place in Salem, MA on Halloween (10/31). The time-period and content is your choice, but DO be unique and DO make it SPOOKY! We will continue posting a running list of the years/decades that have already been submitted to ensure you have a chance to pick a year that has not been submitted already. Of course, we are looking for the best, so if there are many submissions set in 1977, we’ll try to choose the best of them. Yes, Salem is ‘The Witch City’, so you can utilize this in your writing, but please be unique if you choose this subject matter!
- List of Years we’ve already received submissions for: PLEASE SEE THIS POST ON OUR SUBMISSIONS PAGE FOR THE LIST.
- Payment: Accepted submissions will be awarded payment in the way of $10 upon printing, paid via PayPal, and a print copy of the book. Writers may also choose to accept their payment in the form of extra copies of the anthology. It may not be much, but we are a small and humble press just getting our start and it’s all we can offer at this time, besides our excellent social media promotion and beyond (we post daily, often, and spotlight our writers regularly). If your submission is accepted, you will also receive a printed copy of the anthology!
- Format: Format should be in standard manuscript format and submitted as .doc,
.docx. Unfortunately, we cannot accept reprints at this time. Please include a brief cover letter introducing yourself along with your submission.
- Response Time: Please be aware that it may be six to eight weeks (or more) before you receive a response from FunDead Publications, we often wait until after the close date to send acceptance e-mails to ensure we select the best content for our readers. Our submission load is often fluctuating, but we read and respond as quickly as we can. If it is a simultaneous submission, please let us know.
- Diversity Statement: We at FunDead Publications believe diversity is what makes fiction wonderful and unique and we welcome submissions from writers of every race, religion, nationality, gender, and sexual orientation.
Night in New Orleans, coming 4/1/17!